Magellan Health Insurance was sued in the past
The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had not even finished filling out the online sheet when they were already calling me. I talked to the associate by the name of Victor from a Florida call..."
- "Icium.fi DANGER Ice sculptures Levi Finland SCAM AVOID FutuVision LtdIce Sculpture Fell And Broke Man's ArmWe just wanted to alert people to the DANGER at the Icium.fi Ice sculptures in..."
- " BCBS of Illinois has really disappointed this time. I've had them for over 20 years and the past 15 I have suffered from chronic migraines averaging about 20 per month...."
- "Friday the 18th of feb i went to UPS store in Rio Grande, nj to express shipp a package for one of my customers who need a birthday outfit for..."
- "Hired this company because I just returned from deployment and was relocating. I had a couple of large pieces that I figured it would be in better hands of..."
- "I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would..."
- "I ordered a hoodie on 04-21-2015. I received an email stating that it had been shipped. Obvious that was a lie because it still has not arrived. I am more..."
- "Ordered a pair of expensive shoes, came at the time it said it would, in good condition (or so it seemed). Opened them up they look good, not 91$ good,..."
- "I ordered the "I don't need therapy all I need is to listen to Ry Cooder" sweatshirt because the design was cool and I love Ry Cooder. The shirt..."