Magellan Health Insurance was sued in the past
The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "After hitting a deer, the Progressive rep explained their Guarantee Program for fixing my car's damage. They explained the work is 100% guaranteed and ensures the car won't be..."
- "Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph. I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had..."
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "I purchased a pair of knee-high black boots with a 2 inch heel in 2014. I've worn the shoes maybe 4 times. As I was shopping with my husband and..."
- "I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would..."
- "I rarely take my time to write online reviews. But this one was too much to keep it to myself. For my daughter's birthday, I ordered the highest level "Exquisite"..."
- "After using Wen all in one hair treatment I noticed more and more hair in the shower stall and the drain protector. Hair was all over the bathroom after towel..."
- "My boyfriend sends me flowers for birthdays and for Valentine's Day. Because Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, he wanted to have flowers sent on Friday the 12th to my..."
- "I got a pair of sandals for going on holiday with so they did not get much were. On the second holiday I took them on, the toe strap came..."