Magellan Health Insurance was sued in the past
The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.review #295715
You may also like
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "There web site has no insulin pump providers listed as in network. So I call the customer service line and ask them what insulin pump suppliers are in net work..."
- "Purdue University highly recommended Castlight.com to the employees and their families. But my experience with this website was awful. The services information CASTLIGHT.COM listed are deceiving and misleading...."
- "Hired this company because I just returned from deployment and was relocating. I had a couple of large pieces that I figured it would be in better hands of..."
- "Friday the 18th of feb i went to UPS store in Rio Grande, nj to express shipp a package for one of my customers who need a birthday outfit for..."
- "I purchased furniture from Comfyco that was severely damaged in transit. My mom signed in lieu of me as I was at work, and she was unaware that the couch..."
- "I don't recommend anyone to go to Helzberg. I lost small diamonds 3 separate times on first engagement ring. Replaced fourth time with a new ring which was the same..."
- "Brand new top of the line $1300 dryer and it develops rust within 2 months. Probably the rust developed much sooner. Afterall why would you check for rust in..."
- "I had membership with Snap Fitness (WA malaga and CBD). They continued billing me while deactivated me gym card for @6 months. I made numerous attempts during this time to..."