Magellan Health Insurance was sued in the past
The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Names Eric. Double insured. Had sleep studies and surgery. Finally outfitted with APAP rental from Apria. Billing insurance $850 or so. After 1 year, ins decided..."
- "I've just been on hold for 48 minutes after being disconnected. Te representative was not able to access my files nor answer my questions about my application. When I asked..."
- "There web site has no insulin pump providers listed as in network. So I call the customer service line and ask them what insulin pump suppliers are in net work..."
- "I purchased furniture from Comfyco that was severely damaged in transit. My mom signed in lieu of me as I was at work, and she was unaware that the couch..."
- "I rarely take my time to write online reviews. But this one was too much to keep it to myself. For my daughter's birthday, I ordered the highest level "Exquisite"..."
- "I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would..."
- "Purchased a sofa 3 years ago and is already falling apart! Furniture only has one year warranty and after that... To bad, ""sorry,we are the equivalent of a Ross clothing..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- " Just a complaint on all pet stores. You have grocery carts. But you don't have the seat section designed for little dogs to sit in them we have..."