Magellan Health Insurance was sued in the past
The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.116e1bb5 review #295715
You may also like
- "United didn't put my information in their system until 9 days after coverage was supposed to start (1/1/15), 20 days after I paid the premium. I got a BILL 1/12/15,..."
- "Kaiser is good .....until you have an issue. ESPECIALLY if you happen to need short-term or long term disability. DO NOT....I REPEAT DO NOT use them if you..."
- "I've just been on hold for 48 minutes after being disconnected. Te representative was not able to access my files nor answer my questions about my application. When I asked..."
- "I toolk an original oil painting worth $100 to hobby lobby to be framed. I told the framer it was an oil painting and could not be touched on..."
- " My mother sent two boxes (One jumbo and one small)to her family in the Philippines that she worked on for a long time...."
- "I bought a hood for my car. it too 2 weeks to get it. 150.00 for shipping alone. when it got here it was bent!!!!!! we had to unfold it..."
- "I purchased the Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery procedure over 4.5 months ago. Since I began on my weight loss journey I lost a total of 87lbs. I am..."
- "Never use FedEx to ship fragile items. Not only where the items inside broken into pieces, antique lamps but the shades in a separate box also were demolished. The boxes..."
- "On Wednesday, December 11th Wet Seal had a sale going on where everything in the store was $15.00 or less. It was a great deal so I figured instead of..."