The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Health Insurance
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "I got hurt a work and back in 2005 I had 20 teeth come out from Taking Oxycontin for 12 yr...these rx pain pills caused my teeth to fall out....LM..."
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "I purchased furniture from Comfyco that was severely damaged in transit. My mom signed in lieu of me as I was at work, and she was unaware that the couch..."
- "Was there February 15 at 3:15 horrible service not attentive at all place had dirty floors bathroom I couldn't add more pictures there was a problem with server he had..."
- "I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would..."
- "Tampa, FL. From the second they took over Verizon Fios, it's been a disaster. Customer service is completely clueless and the website and self-serve phone services do not function. I..."
- "Booked a Car. When we arrived late and tired at the airport, Europcar did not have the car we booked. Europcar Forced us to pay £120 more for a different..."
- "In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy..."