The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:
* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.
* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.
* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.
* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.
* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Health Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Thank you for your review. Actually, the UrineOut Powder IS doing it's job. It's bringing or "wicking" all of the old urine that is DEEP in the carpet,..."
- "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..."
- "I recently switched from Geico to Travelers for my home and car insurance. The car insurance was substantially lower and the home insurance a bit higher. All policies had the..."
- "I purchased furniture from Comfyco that was severely damaged in transit. My mom signed in lieu of me as I was at work, and she was unaware that the couch..."
- "I rarely take my time to write online reviews. But this one was too much to keep it to myself. For my daughter's birthday, I ordered the highest level "Exquisite"..."
- "I purchased a pair of knee-high black boots with a 2 inch heel in 2014. I've worn the shoes maybe 4 times. As I was shopping with my husband and..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."