The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:

* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.

* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.

* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.

* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.

* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.

Had an Experience with Magellan Health Insurance?

Comments

#732092

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST MAGELLAN! $700 Billion!

AVAST YE CORPORATE SWABS! Magellan Health Insurance prepare to go belly up!

Safeco Insurance - Safeco Claims the WORST EVER Safeco Insurance "On July 11th, 2017 we noticed that our hardwood floor in our kitchen and hall had erupted due to a water leak at the refrigerator. The continuous hardwood floor consists..." Read more AARP SCAM to enlist membership of elderly Aarp "I have received several notices that my membership confirmation dues have not been paid. I have never joined AARP as in my situation, none of their benefits would help me...." Read more Liberty Mutual Insurance - Bad Faith Company Liberty Mutual Insurance "My husband is a Dentist in Bernville, PA. On June 23rd of last year we arrived at our place of business to find out that it had been destroyed by..." Read more Toco Warranty - Review in Insurance category  from New York City, New York Toco Warranty "SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. I refused to go further with conducting business with TOCO after reading these disturbing reviews and for the second time I have been harassed..." Read more Pottery Barn - No one care once you received order Pottery Barn "I order logan office furniture set with two cabinets, two hutch and one desk in HEWN OAK finish. I received furniture and it is good quality but one cabinet has..." Read more Paypal - Mislead by an employee during dispute process Paypal "On July 15th, 2017 I made a transaction seperate from eBay for $675.00. This was a private transaction, separate from eBay. When I received the package from the seller I..." Read more National Tire and Battery: The worst tire buying experience I've had. National Tire And Battery "I called around town Friday morning September 8th, 2017 to find a set of tires for my 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI before heading to the in-laws cabin for the weekend...." Read more Lazada Malaysia - Please solve this or should i get legal advise from lawyer? Lazada Malaysia "Order no. 335567535 placed on 10/sept/2017. Received confirmation email. Without any noticed 9days after got email from lazada on 19/sept/2017. Then i make an online chat with customer service on..." Read more