No one accepts Magellan.I'm quite sure Magellan is in violation of the ACA and ought to be investigated.

State of Illinois where I live and for whom I work selected Magellan for the behavioral health component but like this article states: their policy is: obstruct, deny, and assault with invasive paperwork...And that's on a good day. Magellan is a cartel profiting from others' misery. Oh yes, and when after years of fighting them and they are forced to pay, the pay out is anywhere between 30% and 60% but usually closer to 30 because no one accepts them. Who would?

Basically, if you are unfortunate enough to have your "coverage" from Magellan, you really have no coverage, so don't count on it.

I hope that racket is shut down soon.State of Illinois is obviously not meeting the minimum ACA coverage by using Magellen and no one is doing anything about it.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "magellan is a cartel of thugs preying upon the misfortune of others" of magellan health insurance coverage. Magellan Health Insurance needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned magellan health insurance coverage in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Magellan Health Insurance.

Comments

I also work for SOI and after switching to Magellan for mental health coverage (the only choice SOI offers if you are on the Quality Health Care Plan) i have never encountered such obstructionism!They deny claims by fabricating various reasons, wait on the phone is unacceptably long, and the supervisors are either fools or trained liars.

My complaints about them have already gone up to the SOI but legal action against them is the only remaining choice if there is no resolution.To date, they have refused all the claims from one of our providers.

Hello Maria, we'd like to research the challenges you are having. If you email your contact information to socialmedia@magellanhealth.com, we can contact you to help. We're very sorry to hear of this experience, and hope to hear from you soon.

to Anonymous #1069943

Been there.Done that....for years.

Went all the way up the chain (or should I say, worked my way through the Magellan quagmire).

No, not giving Magellan any more opportunities to compromise my health, physical or mental.It's evident (just look at your website) that your investors are your primary concern, are more important to Magellan than the people to whom Magellan is supposed to provide service.